Express CU builds stronger communities – one member at a time!
As a member-owned not-for-profit institution Express CU serves individuals and families in the Puget Sound area and Washington State who want a stronger financial future.
Express CU provides affordable and secure financial services to meet the diverse needs of many people. A wide range of members feel welcome at Express CU. Regardless of income level, housing situation or credit status Express CU is where everyone can benefit from membership.
Express CU’s mission: Eliminate barriers to financial access and economic opportunity
Did you know?
- Over 30% of US households are unbanked or underbanked
- About one third of households in King County are unbanked or underbanked
Express CU is structured to create positive change for people and communities
- Mission centric and delivers quality services that benefit all Express CU members
- Uniquely designed account and loan products for building financial resiliency
- Majority of Express CU staff are bilingual Spanish / English
- On staff in house financial counselors
Impact by the Numbers
Fulfilling the Express CU mission translates into tangible outcomes:
- 2/3 of Express CU members are low income / chronically underbanked persons
- $2.4 million in loans were made to low income members in the 12 months ended June 2018
- 3,000+ small dollar Payday Alternative loans have saved members over $1 million in fees
- Since 2013 1,600+ underserved people accessed fair, affordable services by joining Express CU
Without Express CU thousands of households would still depend on predatory lenders and check cashing stores to meet their basic financial needs
Member Stories – Express Credit Union making a difference in people’s lives
“I started banking with Express CU in 2011. Express has helped me over the years establish great banking ethics and helped me build my credit score. With a good credit score I’m able to take advantage of low rates and I consider this an asset. I’ve come a long ways with the help of Express.” Ron – Member since 2011